Monday, June 23, 2014 10:45:00 PM
An auto warranty is a wise investment to make when buying a new car. New car warranties provide four kinds of coverage:
1. One kind of coverage that you can receive is basic, bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage. This kind of warranty provides coverage for all of the parts of the car from the front bumper to the back bumper.
2. Another kind of coverage that you can receive is a powertrain warranty. This covers the parts of the car that make it run. This includes parts like the drive axels, the engine, the driveshaft, and the transmission.
3. In addition, your auto warranty can cover corrosion and rust. This handles rust-through problems.
4. Lastly, you can get roadside assistance with your warranty. You may receive this service if you have a basic warranty that is active. It provides professional help when you are stranded on the side of the road due to a vehicular breakdown. It offers services such as flat tire assistance, lockout assistance, refueling assistance and towing.
To further familiarize yourself with the exact coverage provided for you by your auto warranty, read through the warranty booklet and owner’s manual. If you still don’t believe that you have all of the coverage that you need it is good to purchase an extended auto warranty for your car as well.
Monday, May 26, 2014 10:33:00 PM
A warranty is a guarantee made to the consumer by the seller for a product that is sold. When a warranty pertains to a car, it is a contract that will provide coverage for the cost of repair and replacement of specific parts of the car for a certain amount of time.
New car warranties offer a variety of benefits. When a consumer purchases a car from a manufacturer, they receive a guarantee that if there are problems such as mechanical failures or defects, the cost to replace or repair those parts will be covered by the warranty. There are two types of new car warranties. The power train warranty covers the parts of the car that make it run, while a bumper-to-bumper warranty covers the parts of the car from the back bumper to the front bumper.
New car warranties provide motorists with peace of mind when they get those daunting repair bills from their mechanic.
Thursday, April 9, 2015 10:45:00 PM
Most cars come with a manufacturer’s warranty for 3 years or 36,000 miles. Some have longer 4 year were 50,000 mile coverage. And even fewer have a 5 year or 60,000 mile warranty. As fate would have it, most major auto repairs occur after the manufacturer’s warranty period expires. Purchasing an extended auto warranty can save you hundreds, or even thousands of dollars on each repair. And as repairs at up over the life of an extended car warranty it is not uncommon to have savings equal $5,000, or even $10,000 or more.
If your car is out of warranty, or will soon be out of warranty and you don’t want to or don’t have the ability to pay these high repair bills that are imminent, purchasing an extended auto warranty is a consumers best bet.
To learn more about the different types of coverage available for your vehicle and the cost visiting a “reliable” company’s website for a quote is a great idea. A good place to start might be visiting Auto Advantage who have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are also accredited by the BBB and who have been supplying car warranties to the public since 1979.
Wednesday, April 22, 2015 10:41:00 PM
There are many extended car warranty programs to choose from but it can be a bit tricky to find a “reputable” plan to suit your needs. The best way to choose a reliable extended car warranty program is to find a company that makes the following criteria…
1. Make sure the company is in business for 10 years or more. This assures you that they are not only in the business of selling coverage but also successfully paying claims.
2. You want to choose a company that has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and perhaps more importantly, is accredited by the BBB which holds them to a much higher standard of excellent business practices and customer service.
3. You want the warranty program to be directly underwritten by a US-based insurance carrier holding at least an A rating with an industry rating service such as AM Best or Standard & Poors. This will assure you that if any part of the claims administration process fails the underwriter will directly pick up all claims if needed.
There are also many different levels of coverage available for your vehicle. These levels are Power train, Major Component Plus, High-Tech Component, Component Type Bumper-To-Bumper, or Exclusionary Bumper-To-Bumper coverage. Depending on the age and mileage of the vehicle all or most of these levels could be available. It is important to look through the different levels of coverage for any companies you are considering side-by-side to make sure that you are purchasing the best coverage available for your needs. Do not rely on plan names such as Platinum, Elite, or Gold as they do not always correctly define the level of coverage you are purchasing. Some less than reputable companies will take a very basic plan and label it with a very fancy name. You want to look at the actual list of what is covered to make sure you are getting what you’re paying for.
All in all, an extended car warranty is an excellent investment and can save you thousands of dollars over the term of the coverage. To begin researching the different types of coverage you can visit Auto Advantage and see what the choices are. It is a great idea to fill out the quote request form and let them send you the specifics including coverage details and pricing.
Wednesday, December 13, 2017 6:34:00 PM
Buying an auto warranty for a vehicle is risky if you are not aware of the regulations and rules of the warranty. It is smart for vehicle owners to hire a professional car consultant who will help guide them through the buying process of the auto warranty. If the vehicle owner decided to purchase the warranty without any help, they risk for buying a fraudulent warranty is higher.
Fraudulent auto warranties refer to warranties that come with many features and are priced very well. However, the providers of these warranties do not actually provide the services that are mentioned in the warranty. In the used car market, fraudulent warranties are common. Therefore, people who buy used car warranties should be very careful.
As a result of fraudulent auto warranties, the US administration has created a law to protect consumers. This used car warranty law is called the lemon law.
Tuesday, April 2, 2019 3:30:00 PM
Buying an auto warranty can be risky if you are unaware of the rules and regulations of the warranty. It is smart for vehicle owners to consider hiring a professional car consultant who can assist them with the process of purchasing an auto warranty. If the vehicle owner purchases an auto warranty without any help, there is more of a risk for buying a warranty that is fraudulent.
A fraudulent auto warranty refers to a warranty that offers a very large variety of different features and is prices so well that it is too good to be true. However, the seller that is claiming to provide this auto warranty will not actually go through with providing all of the listed services. In the used vehicle market, you will often come across fraudulent auto warranties. This makes it absolutely essential for consumers who are looking into purchasing used car warranties to proceed with caution during the whole buying process.
As a result of the circulation of fraudulent auto warranties, the US administration created a law to protect consumers. It is called the used car warranty law, which is also commonly referred to as the lemon law.